- Offer 20 years of experience directing web / online strategies and developing innovative web assets and applications
- Early adopter of new technologies and trends, driving Sutter Health’s entry into the social media arena
- Certified Usability Analyst (CUA), regarded for UX subject matter expertise
— Excerpts from LinkedIn Recommendations and Annual Evaluations
“…one of our strongest team members…accomplishments have been extraordinary…”
“…absolutely key to the success of our local efforts to rebrand and build awareness of Sutter Health…”
“…has a true leader's ability to think ahead and accurately predict upcoming online trends.”
“…has become a trusted ‘go-to’ for all things digital both locally and system-wide.”
“…always encouraged us to push our web presence to the next level.”
- Web Content Development & Management
- Complex Enterprise Project Leadership
- Web Analytics & Dashboard Reporting
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Online Healthcare Media
- User-Centered Analysis
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Web & Application Design
- Practical Usability Testing
- Quality Assurance
Sutter Health, Mountain View, CA | 1998-present
HEAD OF THE SUTTER INTRANET, 2016-present
DIRECTOR OF SUTTER PCR WEB SERVICES, 2010-2016
PALO ALTO MEDICAL FOUNDATION (PAMF) WEB MANAGER, 1998-2010
HEAD OF THE SUTTER INTRANET
Leader of the employee portal, creating a new strategy for Sutter with the vision of a new intranet being mobile first, interactive, and accessible anywhere and at any time. This new vision will integrate multiple platforms that include a new portal platform along with other financial and HR applications into a seamless employee experience. Accomplishments include:
- Supported the new Sutter brand launch by creating content for the portal. This support included new pages, updated colors to match new brand palette and introduction of a dynamic feed for our new community news sharing application – Team Sutter.
- Lead a team of five individuals who support employee news, digital, video and intranet content.
- Supported the Sutter Communication Office in streamlining the process by which they are able to post news on the intranet. This increased their productivity in managing the 30 news channels they support.
- Developed a vision and priority requirements for a new intranet experience to be implemented in 2018. I presented this vision to many of Sutter’s VPs and chief officers for approval.
- Developed KPIs for the intranet to measure the success of 2017 goals. Primary goals this year were to improve employee engagement and decrease the amount of old content on the site. In 2017, we have seen an 18% increase in engagement (unique daily views) while decreasing the volume of content by 30%.
- Worked with various business units at Sutter to develop new sites for groups including the nursing community, patient experience office and our diversity and inclusion groups.
- Working currently to create an RFP to choose a design agency to develop a new UX/UI experience for employees. I will collaborate with the chosen agency to develop an intranet roadmap and launch new features.
- Introduced agile methodologies that have produced improvements to the current intranet throughout the year. A key project was reorganizing all sites to match our current business unit structure and to retire five old regional sites. This project was completed on time.
DIRECTOR OF SUTTER PCR WEB SERVICES & PAMF WEB MANAGER
Engaged in a highly innovative Marketing and Communications environment—PAMF launched the first-ever medical website and now yields 15M yearly site sessions with an average annual growth of 10%. Provide leadership, training, and best practices-based coaching to internal and external stakeholders, managing a team of three direct reports while holding accountability for coordinating contract partners.
- Initiate web, digital, and UX innovations quickly adopted system-wide, leveraging the most subscribed to newsletter, most active social sites, and blogs, and globally recognized teen health site, to test and validate novel approaches.
- Streamlined the management of thousands of annual user requests, collaborating with physicians, organizational leaders, and information systems staff to develop a complex online user access tool for hospital and ambulatory staff.
- Championed entry into the social media space—PAMF served as the first Sutter affiliate to embark on these new channels for communication and strategic messaging—driving user engagement through both Facebook and Twitter.
- Created a hyper-innovative tool to display wait times for patients, launching this patient- and physician-centered tool through digital platforms in urgent care centers and individual practices, dramatically improving satisfaction.
- Designed a web-based research database to allow for sharing of the Research Institute’s work with a global audience, driving a 17% year-over-year increase in traffic and becoming a key point of access on pamf.com.
- Commended in a review as “instrumental in increasing employee engagement” by leading weekly huddles, providing employee feedback, cultivating morale, and focusing on individual needs and team goals.
Foundational Experience —
The Learning Company, Fremont, CA
Assistant Project Manager, 1997
Organized an online directory of web links for Encyclopedia Britannica product, serving as an early adopter of new technologies for this line of learning software and electronic encyclopedias.
Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Los Gatos, CA
Assistant Pastor, 1994-1996
Developed member-centered programs and delivered messages to large audiences, refining public speaking skills.
San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)
Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, MO
Master of Divinity (MDiv)
Concordia University, Portland, OR
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Humanities
Human Factors International
Certified Usability Analyst (CUA)
MS Office 365 & SharePoint, Google Analytics, HP TeamSite Autonomy (CMS), HTML5, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress
Knowledge and experience in multiple project management processes including Agile, Lean, & Waterfall models