Over seventeen years of experience directing the online strategy and development of numerous Web properties and applications for the Peninsula Coastal Region of Sutter Health. I have been a key innovator involved with the development, building and later enhancements of major Web features on all Sutter websites. I manage both Sutter-wide projects as well as work effectively as a team member for others. My background in Information Science and as a usability analyst makes me an ideal candidate to partner with business owners of projects and to translate those goals as technical requirements for Web architects and developers.
Director of Web Services, Sutter Health, Peninsula Coastal Region (2010-present)
Palo Alto Medical Foundation and Mills-Peninsula Web Manager (1998-2010)
- Primary function is to direct the strategy, development and management of three large health care Websites for the Peninsula Coastal Region of Sutter Health, including pamf.org, mills-peninsula.org and santacruz.org.
- Currently, primary project manager for several Sutter-wide programs which include the major enhancements to the Sutter education calendar, a new research database and egg donor program.
- Several innovative applications I have created have been copied both by other Sutter affiliates and by local competition. Past projects have included a highly complex user access request form, physician print directory, research project database, a cost-fee estimator and wait time tool for patients.
- I have also led the way at Sutter as an earlier adopter of new technologies and trends. The Palo Alto Medical Foundation was the first Sutter affiliate to enter into the social media world, even before it was popular, with early business channels on Facebook and Twitter.
- Recruit, hire and manage three full-time employees. I have also hired and managed numerous programming contractors for projects throughout my time here.
- Most projects involve partnering with organizational leadership in Marketing & Communications, Information Systems and other upper levels of senior management at both the affiliate and regional level. I have many years of experience working directly with physicians, listening to their needs and providing online support and marketing tools for their practices.
- With my background in Information Science, I am able to easily interface between users in the inception and development of requirements for projects and turn those around to work with Web developers and designers to build and launch projects.
- Using the latest in site optimization and analytic trends, annual performance of all my websites increase every year. Total annual growth is usually 8% to 12% and a higher percentage for individual health care services lines that were a marketing focus during that year.
- I serve as a regional representative on the Sutter Digital Center of Excellence as a team member and leader in the development of future technologies which currently includes a two year project to modernize our entire digital ecosystem with a new content management system. At the end of this project our site will both be responsive to all devices and greatly enhanced with new interactivity and customer dashboards.
- Develop and oversee the web content policy for the region which was adopted by Sutter and other regional groups.
Assistant Project Manager, Learning Company
March 1997 to December 1997
- Worked as an assistant project manager for two products. One was an encyclopedia project where I used my information management skills to build a directory of Websites which was an early example of an organization scheme for the Web.
Assistant Pastor, Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Los Gatos CA
January 1994 to November 1996
- Assistant pastor at a large church in Los Gatos. Provided pastoral care to members, preached (public speaking) and developed program planning and implementation. I led numerous committees that worked to build consensus and come up with a team approach. It was my duty to often implement those decisions on behalf of the group and congregation.
- Google Analytics, Word Press, HP Teamsite Autonomy (CMS), Google Webmaster Tools, Bing Webmaster Tools, SharePoint
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and XML. Have supervised developers in projects built using various platforms such as JSP, ColdFusion and .NET.
- Regularly read online blogs and magazines for new technology trends and then ways that they could be applied in health care.
- Adobe Creative Suite & Microsoft Office
- 1999 – Masters of Library and Information Science (MLIS), San Jose State
- 2008 – Certified Usability Analyst (CUA), Human Factors International
- 1990 – Masters of Divinity (M.Div.), Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, MO
- 1986 – Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Concordia College, Portland, OR
- Married with two adult children. Personal hobbies include scuba diving, collecting old postcards and photography.